Ads 720 x 90

Delicious Keto Cheesy Mexican Skillet Chicken

This Keto Cheesy Mexican Skillet Chicken is going to become one of your all-time favorites! It is so delicious, full of flavor, and a great casserole style meal that everyone in your family will enjoy. Top with your favorite cheeses and enjoy the ooey gooey meal!


Keto Cheesy Mexican Skillet Chicken
The past couple of weeks have been crazy around here. I can’t even believe that school has started back. As a homeschool mom, I hate to see our laid-back summer coming to an end. One thing is for sure; dinner has to be simple now. Otherwise, I am tempted to order in, which isn’t always good when you are determined to stick to a keto/low carb way of eating.

Does It Taste Like Cauliflower?
Gosh, I hope not as I don’t enjoy cauliflower. Thankfully, all the spices in this recipe completely tone it down, and I don’t taste cauliflower at all. My son, who hates cauliflower and is always suspect of hidden veggies in new recipes thought that the cauliflower was corn. I’m not sure why perhaps he was just confused since I am known to sneak veggies in his foods.

When you saute the onion, green bell pepper, and garlic in butter, it helps release the flavors. Although I love my cast iron skillet, you could use any other kind of skillet. Cast Iron is very affordable and last forever, unlike the other skillets that I replace once a year.

I use a steam bag of riced cauliflower as it is easier than using fresh. In this season of my life, I don’t have time to wash the cauliflower, cut it, grate it, and steam it. Perhaps one day when I’m not chasing toddlers, but even then that steam bag is so convenient I may stick with it forever. I love how the taco seasoning, diced tomatoes, and veggies help the cauliflower to blend in with the rest of this dish. It takes on the flavor of the taco seasoning, which means it doesn’t taste or smell like cauliflower. Yes, that makes me happy.

By the time you add the chicken and cheese to this Cheesy Mexican Skillet, you won’t even remember the riced cauliflower. I prefer to use cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese but feel free to switch it up. I also grate my own cheese to avoid the fillers added to pre shredded.



Tips for Making Keto Cheesy Mexican Skillet Chicken 
I have found that one skillet or casserole type meals are quick and easy especially when both of my big kids are playing sports. By cooking the chicken in my slow cooker first, it cuts back on cooking time so that I can have dinner on the table in a snap. I simply place the boneless skinless chicken breasts in a slow cooker and cover with chicken broth and salt/pepper. Then, I slow cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours. You can easily use your Instant Pot for the chicken, or even use a rotisserie chicken if you prefer. Another option is to sub ground beef for the chicken and beef broth for the chicken broth for a nice variation.

How I Store Keto Cheesy Mexican Skillet Chicken
You can store this Low Carb Mexican in the fridge for 3-4 days or in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
There are so many options to garnish Keto Cheesy Mexican Skillet Chicken such as sour cream, tomatoes, cilantro, low carb salsa, and/or avocado.


Easy Keto Cheesy Mexican Skillet Chicken
Prep Time 35 mins | Cook Time 5 mins | Total Time 40 mins | Servings: 6 | Calories: 295 kcal

Ingredients
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1/3 cup diced onion
  • 1/3 cup diced green pepper
  • 3 garlic cloves minced
  • 2 cups cooked chicken shredded (I prepared mine in the slow cooker)
  • 1 can Rotel tomatoes
  • 1 12 oz bag steamed riced cauliflower
  • 2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning or taco seasoning packet
  • 3/4 cup chicken broth
  • 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup Monterrey jack cheese
Instructions
  1. In a cast iron skillet, melt butter then saute onion, pepper, and garlic until softened.
  2. Steam riced cauliflower in microwave according to package directions.
  3. Add homemade taco seasoning, Rotel, chicken broth, and cauliflower to skillet.
  4. Stir to combine then cook on medium/low approx 10 minutes until extra liquid is absorbed.
  5. Add cooked chicken and stir well. If mixture gets too thick, add a little more chicken broth.
  6. Simmer on low covered for 5 minutes.
  7. Sprinkle cheese on top, cover and simmer until cheese is melted.
  8. Optional: Serve with sour cream, cilantro, jalapenos, etc.
Notes
You can also make this recipe with ground beef and beef broth for a fun variation.


source : kaseytrenum.com

Related Posts

Post a Comment

Fiksioner Free Blogger Theme Download