Ads 720 x 90

EASY CHICKEN POTATO BAKE

Chicken Potato Bake consists of potatoes tossed in garlic and olive oil and baked to a golden brown with tender, juicy chicken thighs. It’s my go-to recipe for when I need inexpensive, no-fuss, quick dinner ideas.

This might seem kind of crazy, but I often sit down to do my meal plan for the upcoming week, and I am stumped.

What?!? I know, I know, you are probably wondering how can that be, since I have a website with a ton of recipes from which to choose.


You would think that meal planning would be the last thing that stumps me, right? Ha!

Well, I think it is a similar phenomenon as the one that causes Thing 1 and Thing 2 to meander into our fully stocked kitchen, look through the pantry and fridge, and declare that there is nothing to eat!

I have come to realize that I can never go wrong with chicken recipes for dinner. No one complains and everyone practically licks their plate (and the casserole dish too!).

Whenever I get that meal planning ‘block’, or whatever you want to call it, I pull up one or two of my go-to dishes, plop them in the meal planner, and somehow that jump-starts my brain so that I can finish the entire meal plan.

This Chicken Potato Bake is one of my go-to dishes. I have served it more times than I can remember, and every time it is a big hit in the family.

In this recipe, I baked boneless chicken thighs in the oven along with the potatoes. They both cook in the same amount of time, so, it makes them a perfect match. If you don’t have chicken thighs, you can also try using chicken breasts in this recipe.


For the potatoes, you can choose between Russet potatoes, red potatoes or white potatoes. I keep the skin on because it adds texture and its also contains a lot of the nutrition.

Potatoes tossed in garlic and olive oil and baked to a golden brown right in the same dish with tender, juicy chicken thighs practically guarantees a successful meal every time.

The cheese in this recipe brings all the ingredients together and gives the casserole that delicious crusty look. I found that using freshly shredded mozzarella works best. However, if you don’t have fresh mozzarella, using store-bought mozzarella will taste good too.

It only takes this chicken potato bake about 25 minutes to finish cooking. I serve it right after I remove it from the oven and I can still hear the sizzling! When I remove it from the oven, it fills the whole house with a delicious baked chicken and potato aroma.

This aroma is so heavenly that I don’t even have to call everyone to the dinner table. The aroma brings everyone running to the dinner table!

EASY CHICKEN POTATO BAKE

Prep Time 10 mins | Cook Time 40 mins | Total Time 50 mins | Servings 6 People

INGREDIENTS

  • 4 potatoes medium-sized, cut into 3/4" cube (russet, white, and red are all good choices, no need to peel)
  • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
  • 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
  • 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken (I like to use thighs)
  • 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • parsley (optional, freshly chopped)

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F/220 degrees C.
  2. Place the potato cubes in a large bowl, add the garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper, and toss to coat.
  3. Spray a large (9x13) baking dish with non stick spray.
  4. Spread potato mixture in dish and bake about 15 minutes.
  5. Remove baking dish from oven and place the chicken pieces in the dish, nestling them down into the potato mixture a bit.
  6. If desired, brush the top of each chicken piece with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
  7. Bake 20-25 minutes, until chicken is cooked and potatoes are browned.
  8. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the top, return to the oven and bake for a few more minutes to melt the cheese.
  9. When serving, sprinkle chopped parsley on top (if desired).


source : dizzybusyandhungry.com

Related Posts

Post a Comment

Fiksioner Free Blogger Theme Download